- THE SERVICES WE PROVIDE
- THE TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- PERSONAL ACCOUNT
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA
- HOW WE SAFEGUARD YOUR INFORMATION
- HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- YOUR RIGHTS
- QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS
1.1 Arkema with its registered office at 420 rue d’Estienne d’Orves 92700 Colombes, France, and other companies in the Arkema group collect and use certain Personal Data. Arkema is responsible for ensuring that it uses that Personal Data in compliance with data protection laws.
“Arkema”, “we” or “us” means Arkema and other companies in the Arkema group.
“Personal Data” means any data which relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data or from that data and other information which is in the possession of, or is likely to come into the possession of, Arkema (or its representatives or service providers). In addition to factual information, it includes any expression of opinion about an individual and any indication of the intentions of Arkema or any other person in respect of an individual.
2. THE SERVICES WE PROVIDE
(A) Request information through the “Contact section” of our websites ("Arkema Websites");
(B) Create and access your personal account available through Arkema’s websites (see section 5);
(C) Order samples of Arkema’s products.
3. THE TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
Many of the services offered by Arkema require us to obtain Personal Data about you in order to perform the services we have been engaged to provide. In relation to each of the services described at paragraph 2.1 above, we will collect and process the following Personal Data about you:
- Information that you provide to Arkema. This includes information about you that you provide to us. The nature of the services you are requesting will determine the kind of Personal Data we might ask for, though such information may include (by way of a non-exhaustive list) basic personal and professional Personal Data (such as first name; family name; position in the company; company name; company email address; business phone number; business address; city; postcode; country).
- When you visit Arkema Websites, cookies are used to collect technical information about the services that you use, and how you use them.
- For more information on the cookies used by Arkema please see our Cookie Notice.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
4.1 Your Personal Data may be stored and processed by us in the following ways and for the following purposes:
- for ongoing review and improvement of the information provided on Arkema Websites to ensure they are user friendly and to prevent any potential disruptions or cyber attacks;
- to proceed with the orders of samples of Arkema’s products and to deliver the samples;
- to assess the satisfaction of the users of Arkema’s websites;
- to personalise the content of Arkema’s websites according to the user’s interests;
- to conduct analysis required to detect malicious data and understand how this may affect your IT system;
- for statistical monitoring and analysis of current attacks on devices and systems and for the on-going adaptation of the solutions provided to secure devices and systems against current attacks;
- to understand feedback on Arkema Products and to help provide more information on the use of those products and services quickly and easily;
- to communicate with you in order to provide you with services or information about Arkema and Arkema Products;
- for in-depth threat analysis;
- to understand your needs and interests;
- for the management and administration of our business;
- in order to comply with and in order to assess compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, and internal policies and procedures; or
- for the administration and maintenance of databases storing Personal Data.
4.2 However when we use Personal Data we make sure that the usage complies with law and the law allows us and requires us to use Personal Data for a variety of reasons. These include:
- we need to do so in order to perform our contractual obligations with our customers;
- we have obtained your consent;
- we have legal and regulatory obligations that we have to discharge;
- we may need to do so in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights or for the purpose of legal proceedings;
- the use of your Personal Data as described is necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as:
- allowing us to effectively and efficiently manage and administer the operation of our business;
- maintaining compliance with internal policies and procedures;
- monitoring the use of our copyrighted materials;
- enabling quick and easy access to information on Arkema Products;
- offering optimal, up-to-date security solutions for mobile devices and IT systems; and
- obtaining further knowledge of current threats to network security in order to update our security solutions and provide these to the market.
5. PERSONAL ACCOUNT
You have the possibility to create a secured personal account on Arkema’s Websites protected by a personal log-in and password.
In order to create this account, you will have to register via the “My Account” section of Arkema’s Websites.
This personal account will allow you to access additional content on Arkema’s product ranges (documentation, videos, etc.)
Please note that registration as personal account holder is exclusively reserved to professionals.
6. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
6.1 We may share your Personal Data within the Arkema group of companies for the purposes described above.
6.2 We may also share your Personal Data outside of the Arkema group for the following purposes:
- to the extent required by law, for example if we are under a duty to disclose your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation (including, without limitation, in order to comply with tax reporting requirements and disclosures to regulators), or to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- if we sell our business or assets, in which case we may need to disclose your Personal Data to the prospective buyer for due diligence purposes; and
- if we are acquired by a third party, in which case the Personal Data held by us about you will be disclosed to the third party buyer.
7. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA
7.1 Arkema is a global business. Our customers and our operations are spread around the world. As a result we collect and transfer Personal Data on a global basis. That means that we may transfer your Personal Data to locations outside of your country.
7.2 Where we transfer your Personal Data to another country outside the EEA, we will ensure that it is protected and transferred in a manner consistent with legal requirements. In relation to data being transferred outside of Europe, for example, this may be done in one of the following ways:
- the country that we send the data to might be approved by the European Commission as offering an adequate level of protection for Personal Data;
- the recipient might have signed up to a contract based on “model contractual clauses” approved by the European Commission, obliging them to protect your Personal Data;
- where the recipient is located in the US, it might be a certified member of the EU-US Privacy Shield scheme; or
- in other circumstances the law may permit us to otherwise transfer your Personal Data outside Europe.
8. HOW WE SAFEGUARD YOUR INFORMATION
8.1 We have extensive controls in place to maintain the security of our information and information systems. Client files are protected with safeguards according to the sensitivity of the relevant information. Appropriate controls (such as restricted access) are placed on our computer systems. Physical access to areas where Personal Data is gathered, processed or stored is limited to authorised employees.
8.2 As a condition of employment, Arkema employees are required to follow all applicable laws and regulations, including in relation to data protection law. Access to sensitive Personal Data is limited to those employees who need to perform their roles. Unauthorised use or disclosure of confidential client information by an Arkema employee is prohibited and may result in disciplinary measures.
8.3 When you contact an Arkema employee about your file, you may be asked for some Personal Data. This type of safeguard is designed to ensure that only you, or someone authorised by you, has access to your file.
9. HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
9.1 How long we will hold your Personal Data for will vary and will be determined by the following criteria:
- the purpose for which we are using it – Arkema will need to keep the data for as long as is necessary for that purpose;
- legal obligations – laws or regulation may set a minimum period for which we have to keep your Personal Data.
9.2 Personal data processed to answer your queries made via Arkema’s websites will be stored for the duration necessary to answer this query.
9.3 Personal data processed to send to you promotional information will be stored for a maximum period of three years as from our last contact or last commercial transaction.
10. YOUR RIGHTS
10.1 In all the above cases in which we collect, use or store your Personal Data, you may have the following rights and, in most cases, you can exercise them free of charge. These rights include:
- the right to obtain information regarding the processing of your Personal Data and access to the Personal Data which we hold about you;
- the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data at any time. Please note, however, that we may still be entitled to process your Personal Data if we have another legitimate reason for doing so. For example, we may need to retain Personal Data to comply with a legal obligation;
- in some circumstances, the right to receive some Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or request that we transmit those data to a third party where this is technically feasible. Please note that this right only applies to Personal Data which you have provided directly to Arkema;
- the right to request that we rectify your Personal Data if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- the right to request that we erase your Personal Data in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your Personal Data but we are legally entitled to retain it;
- the right to object to, or request that we restrict, our processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances. Again, there may be circumstances where you object to, or ask us to restrict, our processing of your Personal Data but we are legally entitled to refuse that request; and
- the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection regulator if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
- the right to provide instructions regarding the processing of your Personal Data after your death.
You can exercise your rights by contacting us using the details listed in paragraph 11 below.
10.2 If you prefer not to receive promotional information by email from Arkema, you can click on the self-service unsubscribe links contained within our emails.
11. QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS
If you have any questions or concerns about Arkema’s handling of your Personal Data, or about this Policy, please contact our Privacy Officer using the following contact information:
420 rue d’Estienne d’Orves – 92700 Colombes – France
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are usually able to resolve privacy questions or concerns promptly and effectively. If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from our Privacy Officer, you may escalate concerns to the applicable privacy regulator in your jurisdiction. Upon request, Arkema’s Privacy Officer will provide you with the contact information for that regulator.