Pebax® technology dominates the Tokyo Marathon podium
The Tokyo Marathon was all about the shoes ... not a surprise after the official launch of the AlphaFly Next% on Feb. 29, the most desired shoe by athletes and running addicts. The gear was sold out within 5 minutes of going on sale on Nike's website!
We had a glimpse at the gear during the Tokyo Marathon where 28 of top 30 men were wearing Nike's latest models made with a bouncy Pebax® foam paired with a carbon plate.
This is no coincidence! The Pebax® technology reputation is definitely making a huge impact at starting lines (and finish lines!) of all running events. Have you noticed the flood of Vaporfly and Alphafly Next% shoes at your last event?
1st BIRHANU LEGESE (Ethiopia)
2nd BASHIR ABDI (Belgium)
3rd SISAY LEMMA (Ethiopia)
1st CHEMTAI SLAPETER (Israel)
2nd BIRHANE DIBABA (Ethiopia)
3rd ASEFA KEBEDE (Ethiopia)
The first major marathon in the "Alphafly-era" was marked by numerous new records:
- New Japanese record: Suguru Osaka placed 4th overall and set a new national record with a time of 2:05:29 while wearing the Vaporfly Next%
- Birhanu LEGESE won the Tokyo Marathon for the 2nd straight year
- Top two women ( Lonah CHEMTAI SALPETER &  Birhane DIBABA) broke the previous women's course record
- Both the men's and women's races were run at an intense pace!
- Top 17 men finished under 2:08:00
- Top 9 women finished under 2:30:00